Shipping and Returns
Delivery by courier
All goods are delivered to the address stated at the time of ordering and are sent out by a dedicated, trackable courier service. Please note that we only use couriers with tracking facilities.
This is providing the goods are in stock, we aim to deliver your order to you at the earliest opportunity.
Our normal delivery is 2 to 3 working days but this is only an estimate and your order may be delivered sooner or if we do not hold the stock may take longer, but we will let you know by call or an email.
Also, due to the length and weight of some of our products, the delivery may sometimes take longer than 2 to 3 days (but will be no longer than 14 days after you have placed your order).
Our standard delivery is between 8.00am to 5.00pm, (these times are estimated only and delivery may be earlier or later than shown) Monday to Friday. Standard delivery includes our free delivery service.
If you need a specific day, or would like an am or pm delivery please contact us for a quote as the cost will vary depending upon the weight of your consignment and the area to which you want it delivered.
We reserve the right to apply additional delivery charges on orders that are heavy, long or being delivered to an offshore address. We will contact you on receipt of your order if any additional charges apply prior to the order being dispatched.
We use a network of couriers throughout the country and our products are sent out in good faith and occasionally goods are misrouted, lost in transit or may be subject to delays beyond our control. If the contents of your parcel are for an installation onsite, we do not recommend you schedule any work until you have received the goods. We will not be held responsible or be liable for any compensation for any losses, damages, charges or expenses as a result of any delay of delivery.
Please note that as we use a courier service we have to charge VAT on delivery and the cost of this is shown in the table below.
Please find following our delivery charges:
• Goods to the value of £70.00 ex. VAT are delivered FREE to an address in mainland England or Wales.
We are sorry but we cannot offer free delivery to other areas.
Any orders under the above values are subject to the following delivery charges:
Delivery Area Cost
England & Wales £12.50 + VAT = £15.00
Central Scotland £12.50 + VAT = £15.00
Highlands of Scotland £25.00 + VAT = £30.00
Isle of Wight Call us on 01952 954888
Channel Islands Call us on 01952 954888
Northern Ireland Call us on 01952 954888
Republic of Ireland Call us on 01952 954888
Scottish Islands Call us on 01952 954888
Isle of Man Call us on 01952 954888
Dublin Call us on 01952 954888
Isles of Scilly Call us on 01952 954888
Postcodes classed as the Highlands of Scotland- IV1 1, IV1 2, IV1 3, IV10 8, IV11 8, IV12 4, IV12 5, IV13 7, IV14 9, IV15 9, IV16 9, IV17 0, IV18 0, IV19 1, IV2 1,IV2 3, IV2 4, IV2 5, IV2 6, IV2 7, IV20 1, IV21 2, IV 22 2, IV23 2, IV24 3, IV25 3, IV26 2, IV27 4, IV28 3, IV3 5, IV3 6, IV3 8, IV36 0, IV4 7, IV40 8, IV42 8, IV52 8, IV53 8, IV54 8, IV6 7, IV63 6, IV63 7, IV7 8, IV8 8, IV9 8, KW1 4, KW1 5, KW10 6, KW11 6, KW12 6, KW13 6, KW14 7, KW14 8, KW2 6, KW3 6, KW5 6, KW6 6, KW7 6, KW8 6, KW9 6, PA36 4, PA38 4, PA39 4, PA40 4, PA50 4, PH19 1, PH20 1, PH21 1, PH22 1, PH23 3, PH24 3, PH25 3, PH26 3, PH30 4, PH31 4, PH32 4, PH33 6, PH33 7, PH34 4, PH35 4, PH36 4, PH37 4, PH38 4, PH39 4, PH40 4, PH41 2, PH41 4, PH49 4, PH50 4.
Postcodes classed as the Scottish Islands – HS1 – HS9, IV40 – IV56, KA27, KA28, KW1 (some), KW15 – KW17, PA20, PA41, PA42 – PA49, PA60, PA61, PA34, PA62 – PA76, PA77, PA78, PH41 – PH44.
Postcodes not listed above are classed as Central Scotland.
You can collect for FREE from us at the following address during the opening times stated on our contact page.
The Metal Hut
You can access us off the M6 via the M54. Click here for map
Before you collect from us, please telephone us first on 01952 954888 to ensure your goods are ready for collection and to agree a collection time. Please note for security reasons we may ask you for identification and/or to see the card used for purchasing the items, please ensure you have a copy of the order with you or the order number. Please note that goods paid for through PayPal cannot be collected. We would also advise you that unless goods have been paid for prior to collection any cutting required will not be carried out until you arrive and the goods have been paid for. Therefore, you may have to wait for your order.
This may seem obvious but 3m and 6m lengths of steel can be heavy and domestic cars are not designed to carry these types of goods, please ensure you have suitable means of securing items safely and are satisfied that the means of transporting the goods are safe and legal.
PayPal Payments & Delivery
If paying by PayPal it is the customers’ responsibility to ensure that the address registered with PayPal is the correct address for the delivery of any orders. If the address held by PayPal is different you should contact us immediately to advise us of the correct delivery address. Please note that The Metal Store do not have access to PayPal accounts and are unable to amend any of the details. If we are not advised of the correct delivery address then The Metal Hut reserves the right to charge for the re-delivery of any goods sent to the wrong address. The Metal Hut will not be responsible or be held liable for compensation for any losses, damages, charges or expenses as a result of any delay of delivery or delivery to an incorrect address.
We will refund or exchange an item, providing that:
• You have 14 days to cancel your order from receipt of the goods.
• You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us at The Metal Hut, Unit 28, Tweedale Court, Telford, TF7 4JZ, without undue delay and All returns MUST be made within 14 calendar days of you telling us that you are canceling your order. For example, if you told us on Monday 1st of the month that you were canceling your order you would then have until 15th of the same month to return the goods to us.
The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
• If you wish to return an item for any reason except being faulty or we have sent the wrong goods we will only accept items that are on our current stock list. Any steel that has been specially cut to your size/requirements cannot be returned.
• Once your order has been cut to your requirements we are unable to cancel the order even if the goods have not been dispatched.
• We are unable to accept a return of powder coated products unless they are faulty or we have sent the wrong goods.
• If you have ordered powder coated products and cancel your order prior to the goods leaving us you may be charged for this service if we incur costs for this process.
• It is at our discretion to refund any returned items that are part of a pack. For example, if you purchased a pack of 100 bolts, have used 20 and return 80, we reserve the right not to refund you for the 20 you have returned. If we do refund any returned products that are part of a pack the refund will be at the cheapest unit price of the product shown on our website.
• If you wish to return an item to us please contact Customer Services on 01952 954888 or BEFORE returning any item, who will discuss this with you.
• We are sorry but we cannot accept returns of specially made items i.e. laser cutting or plasma cutting as these have been made to your design.
• Please be aware that should you wish to return an item for any reason other than it is faulty or we have sent the wrong goods you will need to arrange for the goods to be returned to us either by post or courier and this will be at your own cost. We appreciate it may be difficult to arrange to return some longer lengths of metal, (i.e. over 3m long) and in these circumstances, we may be able to arrange collection by our couriers at your cost. However, please note that we will not be held responsible and no compensation claims will be entered into for any non-collection, missed collection or no-show by our couriers.
• If you paid for your original delivery we will refund the original delivery cost to you (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us). We will not refund the original delivery cost or the cost of us delivering the goods if you received free delivery.
• Any items to be returned should be in the original packing and be unused. We will not accept any items that have been used, cut, damaged and are not in a re-saleable condition.
• We reserve the right to recover any amount up to the contract price of any items returned to us in a damaged state or if the value of the goods is diminished by any amount as a result of you handling the goods beyond what is necessary to check the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
• All returns must show on the outer packaging our returns number. Our Customer Services team will give this to you.
• Any refund will only be made once we are in receipt of the goods or you have supplied evidence of having sent the goods back whichever is the earliest. Any refunds are made by the same method as the original payment was made. We aim to process your refund as soon as possible but this will be within 14 working days of receipt of the returned goods or if earlier 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods.
• The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (CCIACRs) form part of our refund/exchange policy. If the product you ordered is no longer required and provided that we have not personalized these goods by cutting them down to your specific sizes, they are not powder coated, blackened tube clamp, this allows you to cancel your contract with us within 14 working days of receipt of the goods. This only applies to transactions that are not Business-to-Business. If the goods are not required you will need to arrange for the goods to be returned to us either by post or courier and this will be at your own cost. We appreciate it may be difficult to arrange to return some longer lengths of metal, (i.e. over 3m long) and in these circumstances, we may be able to arrange collection by our couriers at your cost. However, please note that we will not be held responsible and no compensation claims will be entered into for any non-collection, missed collection or no-show by our couriers. Please see Your Right to Cancel section shown at the end of these terms and conditions.
• This refund policy does not apply to sourced goods, please the Sourced Goods Section for further information.
• You may use the model cancellation form shown at the end of this information if you wish to do so but this is not obligatory.
• To meet the cancellation deadline it is for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
• If you cancel this contract we will reimburse to you all payments received from you including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us). We will not refund the original delivery cost or the cost of us delivering the goods if you received free delivery.
• We may take a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied if the loss is the result of any unnecessary handling by you; other than any handling beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics, and functioning of the goods.
• We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
• 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or
• if earlier, 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods or
• if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we were informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
• We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
• We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent the goods back whichever is the earliest.
• You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us at The Metal Hut, Unit 28, Tweedale Court, Telford, TF7 4JZ without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
• You will have to bear the direct cost and arrange to return the goods by post or courier.
• If the goods by their nature cannot be returned by post you will need to arrange their return by courier and this will be at your own cost. We appreciate it may be difficult to arrange to return some longer lengths of metal, (i.e. over 3m long) and in these circumstances, we may be able to arrange collection by our couriers at your cost. However, please note that we will not be held responsible and no compensation claims will be entered into for any non-collection, missed collection or no-show by our couriers.